Student Members: Terms
ISHRAE welcomes students of Engineering Colleges & Technical Training Institutes, to join as Student Members.
Student Members can be from those Institutes that have been chartered as ISHRAE Student Chapters, or they can join as independent Student members & get affiliated to the local ISHRAE Chapter. Students can be any semester of the course and can renew their membership for next year any time before 30th June.
Student Members are enrolled for a 1-Year term viz. 1st April to 31st March. In addition there is a grace period of 3 months, permitted to make the tenure co-terminus with the college term.
Students who join anytime during a year will have their membership valid till 31st March, plus 3 months grace period viz. till 30th June.
Members who have completed the degree / diploma course are not eligible for continuation as Student Members.
However they get the benefit of joining ISHRAE as Associate Members within 6 months of the expiry of their Student Membership at a concessional rate of Rs. 2250 plus service tax (i.e. Rs 2589). In their case the Registration Fee of Rs. 2250/- is waived off as they are maintaining continuity in membership & progressing from “Student” to “Associate” membership grade.
Key Benefits of joining ISHRAE as a Student Members
- Membership of a prestigious technical Society serving the HVAC&R & Building Services Industry. The Society operates from 41 Chapters (locations) in India and has a membership strength of 12000 members, plus 8000 Student Members, thus enabling the student to get linked with a wide professional network
- Free access to the technical AC & R ‘E-Journal’ published once every 2 months, by logging in to the ISHRAE website with their Student Membership Number.
- Opportunity to attend technical presentations made at the Student Chapter by visiting ISHRAE members &/or Distinguished Lecturers.
- Participation in Industrial visits organised by the local ISHRAE parent Chapter.
- Participations in certain Chapter events & the world class exhibition: ACREX India, which is held in rotation every year in Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore.
- Eligibility to apply for & avail Research grants for Projects accepted by the ISHRAE Technical Committee as deserving further study & research.
- Competition & selection to Quiz contests, culminating in the participation in aQuest, a coveted National Students Quiz Contest held annually during ACREX.
- For Final Year students, a great chance to get employment during the “ISHRAE Job Junction”, held at selected locations in India during the 3rd Quarter of every year. In this job Junction prospective employers interact with ISHRAE Student Members to select & recruit for their Organisation.
I agree terms and conditions